August 4, 2008

Remember When...

We got to see April and Scarlet's highly inspirational scrap spaces and bits of Scarlet at work? I thought it was so fascinating to get a little 'bird's eye view' of their personal and work space. Maybe it's the nosy part of me coming into play, but I love seeing how other people work, organize and decorate-I'm hoping that some of you enjoy it, too. I've been working on the other dt gals to send me some pictures of their spaces, but I thought for today I'd share bits of mine with you.

When we moved into our house eight years ago, we had one room set up as a formal dining room. When I got back into crafting, I claimed it as my own. Out went the table and chairs and in came some scrap tables, a desk and my computer. It's evolved a bit, new furniture here and there, new solutions, new wall color (from butter yellow to aqua blue), but for the last seven years it's been primarily my office and work space. I love that it's open to other rooms in my home, making it easy for me to work and still be a part of the family!

Currently when not working on any pages/projects, I have two standing height tables with flip tops that line up together under my magnetic stamp wall and pegboards. When I'm working on say...Studio Calico projects, one table gets pulled out and the top flipped open. Right next to the tables are some drawers and some shelves that hold various supplies (as you can see, I could benefit from an organization fairy).

I also have one of those Ikea Expedit bookshelves that seemingly every scrapper on the planet has--and for good reason, they're handy! I keep all my albums, more supplies, old family albums and some photo gear, books and magazines all stored in it. I also have all my paper and cardstock stashed on top of it (very handy for that).

I have a few more pictures that I'll post in the gallery for you, I didn't want to make this post too long...I mean, after all, I need to include a litle RAK info, right?

RAK info? What RAK info? Oh...you mean the RAK that I have for one lucky person. Yes, if you upload and share your space or a portion of your space with us on the message board or in the gallery (say by Sunday August 10th midnight PST), I will put your name in the hat. For what? Well, something I've picked out for you...it might even be featured (not super prominently) in one of these photos...and how about if you think you spot it, email me and you'll get two entries. :)

12 comments:

april said...

great post, jenn! I love seeing your scrap space. I especially love how your alphas are on your magnetic board

AnilĂș Magloire said...

Love the huge board full of stamps!!!
Beautiful space, Jen :)

welcome to my world said...

pick me pick me i see a pile of goodies under the magnetic board!
Your space it pretty cool.
I have the peg board in my scrap space too only i placed it inside an old picture frame without the glass. It is so handy.
If your interested here is mine...
christiehaywood.blogspot.com/
thanks for the RAK opportunity
christie

tessa said...

can't seem to find out where to uppload the pic's of my scraproom *blushing*

Anonymous said...

love your scrap space!

Denise said...

Jenn, I love your space. You look pretty organized to me and holy moly you have elbow room! I need elbow room. Thanks for sharing! I will see if I can take a couple of photos to share. First, I have to move my dust-covered exercise bike out of the way. lol

Tina said...

wow, love the space Jenn!

jeanie de la rama said...

wow!lots of goodies. i can't seem to find where to upload it. but this is my link...

http://images.jeaniescrappie.multiply.com/image/4/photos/8/1200x1200/5/scrap-space.jpg?et=GDS5uDzzm2lgmr5hecZMnA&nmid=100962980

thanks for a chance to play

Anonymous said...

here is mine - I tried uploading to the board but couldn't get it to work -

Anonymous said...

well here is the link - sorry it fell off my previous post: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8935580@N06/2736421437/?edited=1

laverneboese said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine said...

awesome space!

here's mine
http://www.studiocalico.com/forums/galleries/show/4226