May 1, 2009

Lifting Kelly

Since we are on a lifting theme this week Kelly and I thought it would be fun to lift each other and post our layouts! Only, it was hard to choose a layout because Kelly has so much eye candy in her gallery! Wow!

But I finally just had to pick one and get going or I would have sat there looking through her layouts all day without getting anything done! :) Once I picked the layout to lift, I decided that I wanted to take it a bit further and show you how you can create more than one layout and get different looks even if you are just using one layout as your inspiration.

So, today I am going to share with you Kelly's layout and my first interpretation and then I will share with you another layout I created later this week.


As you can see I used a lot of the exact same design elements in my page that are in Kelly's page. I loved the general layout of the page and so I copied it almost exactly - the large strip of paper across the page, the punched circles tucked behind the large strip, the title going across the top of the page with the hand-drawn touches. Sometimes it is fun to look at a layout as a sketch and that is basically what I did here. Then you can lay out your papers, titles and photo in the same fashion as the inspiration page. It really makes creating a layout quick and easy!

Then you can also see that there are some differences as well. I want to point out that you can lift a layout almost exactly while still changing a few things to make it work for you. I only had one picture so I simply used a larger journaling block over on the right instead of adding more pictures. And then I added my embellishments in my own way in order to make it still feel like a "maggie" layout. You can also see that just by using a different color scheme, it makes both pages feel unique in their own way.

Later this week I will share with you my other interpretation using Kelly's same layout... so stay tuned!






1 comment:

april said...

i love both these LOs. very cool!