November 22, 2009

Challenge - My Take and a Winner!!


Thanks to everyone that joined in on this week's challenge! I am glad you had fun with it! I know I did! I love using lots of different patterns on one page.... Usually I have so many favorites from the kits each month and this makes it easier because then I don't have to choose just one or two! I can use them all! :)

My tip for using lots of different patterns on one page is to use small doses of each pattern. This helps to keep them from getting too crazy and overpowering the layout completely. I also like spreading the patterns out like this or at least leaving a little room in between each one because it gives them each room to breathe and allows each one to stand out on its own!

There are lots more great ideas in the layouts that everyone did for the challenge. I especially love the grids that many of them used to line up the patterns in. Some used grids of squares and others used random grids where each piece was a different sized rectangle. I seriously found some great ideas on every single layout so be sure to go and check out each one. Just scroll down to the initial challenge post and then go into the comments to click on the linked layouts! Thanks for all of the inspiration ladies!

I created a layout with no photo for this challenge. I really wanted to just focus on recording some of the things I am grateful for right now. I wasn't quite sure what direction I was going to go with the challenge and then the idea popped into my head to punch lots of different circles and then simply write the things I am grateful for around each circle. So, it ended up being a list but not in a traditional list format which makes it kind of fun and whimsical!

So, now onto the winner of the challenge. I drew the winner at random and it is:

penny said...

Too much fun - and so many great papers from the kits to choose from. Here's mine:

http://www.studiocalico.com/forums/galleries/show/16854

November 18, 2009 10:39 AM


Congrats Penny! Thanks again to all who played along!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your page! fabulously fabulous :) and Congrats Penny!!!

penny said...

Oh, wow, thanks! I am having a lucky week indeed!

And if it weren't for these weekly challenges, I might not get any pages scrapped!

Sasha Holloway said...

Love this .. I agree circles this way is great to show the paper more too .. did something similiar with OA papers.

LOVE this with the journaling.

Congrats Penny.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey are you a professional journalist? This article is very well written, as compared to most other blogs i saw today….
anyhow thanks for the good read!