August 2, 2010

Super Easy Monday's Challenge

Happy Monday! And Happy August! Susan and I will be hosting the blog this week and we wanted to keep it easy and low-key for you. Susan has a new baby and I am up for jury duty on Tuesday, so easy is essential right now. :)

shop supplies: Blank Canvas white paint, bubblegum and green mists, foam tab circles

Today's challenge is brought to you out of necessity. I've had a bunch of weddings to attend this summer and this last weekend signaled the end of my homemade wedding cards. So please join us this week as we challenge you to make at least three cards. Use up your stash. I used the K & Co. die cuts from Granny's Cupboard kit, Tina's fun paint dragging technique, and a couple of them used misting. They were super easy, I made three cards in less than 20 minutes. Now I have a stash again. I think I'll try to do this challenge every day, using different themes every day. Ah, the possibilities!
  • Mother's Day
  • Father's Day
  • Birthday
  • Friendship
  • Thank You
  • Get Well
  • Thinking of You
  • Cheer Up
  • I Love You
  • Good Luck
  • Congratulations
  • Graduation
  • Wedding
  • Engagement
  • New Baby
  • Celebrate
  • Just Because
  • Holidays
To be entered in the challenge drawing for a $5 SC gift card, in one post, add your three cards to the gallery. Please keep all the cards together so we don't have to go hunting to make sure you accomplished the challenge. Separate cards will not be counted, so take a picture of them all together, or make a collage like I did, or post the three card images in the same upload. Then post to the challenge thread that I'll start today. The more sets you do, the more entries you'll get. AND the more cards you'll have on hand :) I'll draw a random winner on Saturday evening 10 MST. Good luck and here's to easy!

13 comments:

Alex Hardy said...

Great challenge Emily (+ Susan) ! Love how you used up those diecuts. They seem to multiply in my stash. LOL

Emily Pitts said...

i know, seriously! i think you'll be seeing the on a few more of my cards :)

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS cards, Emily! you have so inspired me to use that myriad of diecuts i have laying around....;)

alisyn

Anonymous said...

great challenge... i always love doing cards, they get my creative juices flowing :)

Laura Fiore said...

Love this! I'm in!!!

Kathy Martin said...

These are AWESOME! Love the paint and artsy style! :)

Susan Weinroth said...

these are gorgeous emily!!!

Cynthia a.k.a. Cynnie said...

I really like these three cards..really cool designs...

susy said...

bellissime bei colori

Colleen said...

Love these! Great idea too. I could really use my stash up. It's becoming overwheling. ;)

Ellie said...

Oh I would love to play along waiting on my kit to get here hopefully I'll get it before week's end so I can play!

Rebecca Keppel said...

Here is a set of 3 baby cards :)
http://www.studiocalico.com/forums/galleries/show/28307

Rebecca Keppel said...

And here is a set of cards with sweets :)
http://www.studiocalico.com/forums/galleries/show/28308