April 21, 2008

A Delightful Day

Many of you know that I made a special trip down to Nashville on Thursday for the Scrap Etc. event at the Opryland Hotel. The official reason for my visit was to deliver kits and gift certificates to be given away as door prizes, but my secret agenda was to steal Joanne (spagirl) away for the day.



While waiting for Joanne, I also had the pleasure of meeting two of our other members: Laura Carter (samshands) and Robyn Lantz (robyn_l1). Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me at the time, so I didn't get a photo, but I was so excited to chat with them a little bit anyway!

Before leaving the hotel I also met Christina Gill and some other gals from Willow Traders. Don't be surprised if you see some of our Studio Calico tees popping up somewhere!

So... after spending a little bit of time in the on-site scrapbook store (where there was more gorgeous Hambly than I have ever seen in my entire life), I whisked Joanne and her friend Sharon away to the Green Hills mall. It was for selfish reasons that I wanted to go there, but thankfully, I think they enjoyed it as much as I did. We started with lunch at Panera, where we talked a lot about Studio Calico and also about Sharon's stamp and scrapbook store in Buffalo, New York, where Joanne teaches classes.

The highlight of my trip (besides spending time with Joanne and Sharon) was our visit to Pottery Barn where I picked up the prettiest sunflower napkins and placemats for my first DIY home project. I will be moving in a couple of weeks and I can't stop thinking about how I want to decorate my charming little house! I am leaning towards a fresh palette of yellows and greens, so I thought these clearance napkins would be perfect for making a couple of homemade pillows.



I also found some gorgeous Cavallini and Co. bird paper at Papyrus, for another craft project. I can't wait to get started!



So... I'd like to thank Joanne and Sharon for such a delightful day! I look forward to seeing you both again!

4 comments:

Davinie Fiero said...

Well I am jealous as all get out that you were at the Scrap Etc. event AND you spent time with Joanne.

I can't wait to see those springy projects either! Very fresh and pretty!

april said...

can't wait to see what you make!

Anonymous said...

Those sunflower mats are gonna look great. Very lively color. My kitchen is done up in lime green and yellow and the combination looks great.

joanne (spagirl) said...

hey there scarlet!!
we had a blast... thank you so much for taking us to such a cool mall!! i was so excited to meet you and so happy you made the trip... we WILL have to get together again!!!