April 4, 2008

Friday Love

It's my last day of being guest poster here and I wanted to leave off with some more inspiration and a personal challenge.

The gallery at SC is amazing and it's definitely a good place to be inspired. How many times have you seen someone do something so cool and wonder, "why didn't I think of that". I know I do.

I'm going to shine the spotlight on a Studio Calico member who's layouts always stun me. I love her use of "white space" and the way she works the decorative paper and embellishments from the kits is just too cool.

Here's a few of Melanie's layouts that I just *heart*

So here's my last personal challenge. Find a layout from the user gallery that you can't stop admiring and lift it. Be sure to give credit to the original layout when posting it to the gallery. Again, there's no time limit on this challenge. I'll post my Melanie lift to the gallery soon.

Thanks for hanging out with me this week! I had fun taking over the blog.
Enjoy the weekend,
Tina

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

those layouts are lovely!

AnilĂș Magloire said...

Crazy cool pages!!

diana albright said...

yeah, those layouts totally rock!

and seriously, there is a megaton of inspiration in the SC Gallery!

maybe i'll have a chance to do a lift this we. if so, i'll definitely post with a super shoutout.

tina rocked the SC blog this week... thanks girl!!

Scarlet said...

Thanks for the challenge and for pointing out those incredible layouts, Tina!

april said...

wow! her LOs are amazing. The one with FLY A KITE..ingenius! love the flowers on the branches and the little music notes! Thanks for pointing this talented lady out to us!

Sharie said...

Love this challenge, but who to choose? There are so many talented ladies here at SC!

Elisa said...

Great idea and thanks for pointing out Melanie's work - I've missed them somehow.

I am looking forward completing this challenge.