April 16, 2009

An Interview with April's Guest Designer!


Morning all! I hope most of you already know a little bit about this month's guest designer, Kimberly. At the very least you probably know that she is a super sweet gal, totally genuine and an amazing scrapper (the above layout is my fave of hers from the April gallery)! But I thought it might be fun to do a little interview with her so that we can peek inside her creative mind and life. :) Here's some questions I asked her along with her responses... Enjoy!


When did you start scrapbooking?

1996 on my due date with my son Foster. I had him 9 days later...and have been hooked on scrapbooking since! :)

What's your favorite part about being part of a design team?

Connecting with great designers and developing long lasting relationships with them.

What do you love about SC? (I had to throw this question in there! ;)

I LOVE EVERYTHING about SC! I LOVE all the designers...I LOVE all the wonderful friends I've made here and continue to know more. I LOVE the kits! I get so excited to get my kit every month! :)

What does your family think about your scrapping?

They love it! My kids love to see what I create...they really LOVE it when something I've done gets published and they feel famous! LOL

Descibe your scrapping space.

Just right! I have a counter size table that is about 6ft long and about 5ft wide with a devider in between it. On one side is my computer and printers and the other side is where I do my work. I have a LARGE book shelf that I got at IKEA for all of my supplies to go on. I have everything labeled for ease to find while I'm working. I have a Stamp fetish....and have 400+ stamp sets and counting...they make me smile! :)

Do you have other creative passions/interests?

Hmmmm...PHOTOGRAPHY! and...Yoga!

Is there a certain scrapbooker that you look to for inspiration?

ALL the SC dt girls...I also love Celine Navarro's fun artsy style and my friend Kim Moreno
What's your must have product?

Chipboard, flowers and stamps.

What is your least favorite thing about scrapbooking?

Not having enough time to work with all the products that I have stacked and all the photographs that I want to scrapbook.

What technique are you interested in trying next?

I have no clue...but I LOVE trying new techniques all the time. :)

Do you have a tried and true technique or design element?

Stamping and using my pen knife to cut things out are always something I LOVE doing.

How would you describe your style? Has it changed over the years?

It's always changing...I don't like to stick to any style...I just pray before every LO for the ability to be able to create something special and perfect for the photographs I am using at the time.

Do you attend crops?

Not any more so much. There aren't much up here in Montana...but I do try to on occassion.

What's your process for starting a layout?

I start with my photographs that I print out. I look at them and start playing and laying things out and picking out colors and think about my title and journaling and where I want it to go. What is going to highlight the photographs the most and best.
Can you share with us your current favorite layout you've done? What makes it a fave of yours?
I would have to say the photograph...and it all just came together so easily from there.


Here's the link so you can see it in full! http://www.studiocalico.com/forums/galleries/show/9341


What advice would you give to a new scrapbooker...someone just starting out?

To just let your creativity bloom...and that there is no wrong way or thing to do. The sky is the limit with everything out there to create with.

Thanks Kimberly for sharing with us! You can check out Kimberly's blog here. :)

No comments: