April 5, 2009

Scraplifting

Do we have any scraplifters in the house?

Scraplifting is an easy and effective way to simplify your scrapping endeavors.

You can lift the whole layout down to the paper choices, or just the general sketch of the layout, or you might be inspired by a single element that someone used.

Tina and I both lifted this layout by paper & glue (check out her gallery for LOTS of inspiration):



I love seeing how different and how similar two different lifts of the same layout can be. Here is Tina's version of the layout:


She used the general layout, and the idea of adding little bits of stuff to the each of the squares. Here's mine:


I was inspired by the aqua, and the title spanning across the two squares. I also used the element of little bits of stuff added to the squares by adding mini brads to several of my elements.

We are going to be expanding on the scraplifting theme in May's Design Team gallery. Watch out, we just might lift YOU!!!

****************************************************

Don't forget to add your layouts using April's sketch to the gallery by tomorrow and add your link to THIS post:

2 comments:

Snooze said...

I was so glad to hear you ask this question ... as I'm a shameless scraplifter from way back, not to mention queen of challenges and sketches. And done in the right that, ie with credit where credit is due I think there's a definite time and place for them. Well, I can't get enough of any of them .... I've posted a few I recently did on my blog at http://itsthethingsthatmakeyougommmm.blogspot.com/, and Mellette Berezoski (one of my faves) recently posted two 'lifts done by a friend of her work.

Love the 'lifts, by the way. It's always amazing seeing what the original layout looks like after everybody's put their twist on it.

Stephanie Baxter said...

Oh my goodness! I just came over here to see my layout on the blog! So exciting!! Great job on the lifts ladies :)