Hi everyone! It's me, Maggie Holmes! In case you didn't see the newsletter already, here is my favorite part:
I am so excited to be a part of the Studio Calico Design Team! And a big welcome to Tina too!! I have always been a big fan of the kits and especially the exclusive SC products so it will be a blast creating with them each month! I am even more excited that this gives me the opportunity to share more of my projects with all of you on a regular basis!!
So I thought we would start with a little get-to-know-you game! Are you in?
I have seen some people doing lists of random facts about them lately and I haven't done it yet... so, here are some random facts about me:
1. I hate being cold and I am cold a lot so it makes me a happy girl that I get to live in Arizona!!
2. I love paper punches - especially border punches lately!
3. I love seafood and have always loved it but don't fix it very much because my hubby hates it!
4. I am horrible at calling people on the phone - I much prefer to email or text!
5. My legal name is actually Alyson Margaret but my parents have called me Maggie from the second I was born. I went by Alyson for a while when I moved away to college and it was kind of fun! It gets a little confusing sometimes when dealing with doctors and such but it's all good!
6. I prefer crunchy and salty over sweet and chocolatey!
7. My cookie of choice these days is oatmeal raisin. I make half with chocolate chips for my hubby, Matthew and Emily and the other half is raisins for me and Tyler. Nathan likes both!
8. I secretly love to buy little notebooks even though I have more than I could ever use! They are just cute and little and cute! :)
9. I always take a quick browse through the craft/scrapbook section when I go grocery shopping. I just like looking at all of that cute stuff even if I don't buy anything.
10. I am not a morning person. I am not grouchy in the morning but I just like to stay in bed and snuggle and lay there. I am not like my husband who can jump up out of bed at 5:30am.
11. I secretly wish I was a morning person though because I know I could get so much more done! I have even googled "how to become a morning person" but no success yet! lol!
12. I don't like wearing socks and shoes. I live in flip flops and sandals and then slip on flats during the winter. All of my boots that I wore when we lived in Utah are collecting dust on the top shelf of my closet and it actually makes me happy to see them up there like that. Even when we visit Utah I wear my slip on flats with no socks out in the snow!
13. My favorite shows are The Amazing Race and American Idol. I definitely cannot sing so I would never have a chance on there but I would love to go on The Amazing Race!!
14. I am a list maker - always making "to do" lists. It feels so good to cross things off and it is the only way for me to keep myself from getting overwhelmed with all I do.
15. I am a glass-half-full person and I tend to stay calm and light-hearted even in the toughest times. As hard as my challenges seem sometimes I always have the thought that it could be worse and I am fortunate and blessed and there are so many others out there going through more than me.
Well, that's it!! Very random things that just popped into my head as I was making the list!
Now I want to get to know you! It's a game remember? :)
So, please leave a comment and leave a random fact, or two or three about yourself! I would love to get to know all of you better too! Have a great day! :)