October 8, 2008

But, What About...

ATC Storage? Sharing? Displaying? Have you noticed all the companies that are literally tripping over themselves to help with that? 7Gypsies came out with their fabulous ATC Holder that has so many different possibilites, they also have super cute little tins that will hold a few or a few more. One of my favorite things to do (because, alas, I lack the counter space to display them in the aforementioned manner) is to put them in an album, similar to baseball trading cards. There are some really nice archival options available. Maybe you'd rather have them all out to see, what about a shadow box, a cork board or a ribbon board?


Making The Same Card Over and Over? Erin made the comment "I love ATC's too, but have a hard time with swaps where you have to make tons of the same one to give out. I'd rather make different cards." Personally, I don't like making the same card over and over, either. I like each one to be unique and it's own expression. To that end, I like making series of cards. Maybe I make three cards that all have the same theme or scheme-original art that I would consider a series.

The Front? Seriously? The sky is the limit. You can do ANYTHING! Make it sweet, make it silly, make it crazy...whatever you want. Really. Use a stamp. Use some paint. Use your computer.

The Back? It's standard practice to fill out some information on the back of your card. Your name, your email address, information about the card and the card/edition/series number. There's some fun stamp options, you can just write it or you can use or make a digital back that you can save for re-use. (stamp images shown are Catslife Press and LifePress)


A Swap? What's that? All this talk about mini art has you thinking you'd like to make some and then trade it with others? Good idea, you!! Let's do that!! If you're interested, sign in on to THIS post in the forum and I'll match us all up.

4 comments:

Jane said...

I bought the stamp version of the 7G's holder hoping to add layouts for the year onto it!! Love it!

Terri said...

Such great timing....
I'm getting the ATC bug and want to start exploring. thanks - tj

Anonymous said...

I store mine in a cute little Longaberger basket.

Karen Moore
(naturemomm)

Kimberly said...

Oh, I so want that holder for the ATC's! I may have to pick myself one up the next time I am out and about!