October 18, 2008

Let's do something.

There's been a lot talk of our favorite Etsy sellers on the boards but have you ever looked to Etsy for inspiration?
The front page of Etsy looks like a big sketch to me. I can see several ideas for layouts just from that. I also like to pull inspiration not only from the vast artwork of individual sellers but also textures from such things as handmade jewelery or a knitted scarf. My Dare this week was inspired by the frontpage of Etsy.

So on our last day of being guest bloggers for Studio Calico, Joy and I want to throw out a simple challenge to you. Earlier this week, Joy posted a beautiful photograph from Flickr. Make a layout using either Etsy or Flickr as your inspiration and we'll give away some Studio Calico bucks good towards your next kit purchase.
Post it to the SC gallery and be sure to let us know where your inspiration came from. You can then post it here on the blog. Joy and I will choose a winner in a week.

Be sure to have fun with this and not put too much pressure on yourself. When surfing these sights, go with the first thing that makes you want to drop everything and scrap. Make something quick and simple or go as detailed as you like. The point of this inspiration week is for you to get out those kits and make something. Scrapbooking is fun. Let's not forget that! I know SC kits are packaged so lovely in the that great brown bag and box but they shine even more when they are used by you! So let's carve out some time to do something creative this weekend. We can't wait to see what inspired you.

Have a great weekend and thanks for hanging out with us this week!
Tina and Joy

*********************************************

While we're discussing etsy, we might as well announce the winner of the Paper Pixie giveaway from Sneak Night.

Here are your random numbers:

38

Timestamp: 2008-10-18 18:11:26 UTC

That makes Stephanie P our winner

Anonymous said...
I love green!!! Can't wait until reveal....it's just too long to wait!!!Stephanie P
October 13, 2008 11:08 PM

(I love green, too!)

Please send an email to info@studiocalico.com and we'll get your RAK mailed out!!!

3 comments:

Erin M said...

love the challenge...both great places to look for inspiration.
Hoping to make a little time for this tonight after the little ones are sleeping!

Sherry843 said...

Awesome idea!! I am on Etsy and I look at the page everyday, even several times a day and I didn't see the potential of the front page.

Amy said...

I am loving this challenge so much! I am going to be turning in my LO hopefully tonight (if that is not too late), but I am new to SC and don't know yet where I am supposed to upload. I am going to figure that out as soon as I am done! Thanks for the awesome inspiration!