July 21, 2008

CHA Friends

Well friends, this will be my last post about CHA Chicago. I thought that it would be cool to show you pictures of all of the friends that we met while we were in the Windy City.
First things first, let's go ahead and announce the winner of the awesome MM stamps and acrylic block:

The winner is.........
Moonlightgrrl!!!
Please send an email to info@studiocalico.com with all of your info so that we can get your goodie package in the mail!
By the way, thanks to you all for your kind comments about the blog over the last few days, it meant a lot to me. I've really enjoyed sharing our CHA experience with you via the blog. It was a lot of fun to sit down and relive the day each night, it helped cement my memories!! Also, thanks for all of your sweet compliments on my little girl Natalee. I missed her so much this weekend and it was nice to share a little bit of that with you as well.

OK, now to the fun stuff. Here are some pictures of all of the friends that we met at CHA. I was teasing "the sandwich" and telling them that walking around with a Studio Calico T-shirt on was a little like being a ROCKSTAR. Out of nowhere, someone would come up and give me a big hug and tell me how much they love Studio Calico. There were even some that knew my name and recognized me from my avatar. It just affirmed for me how close knit all of our members are and how cool it is to be a part of the Studio Calico family! I hope that you enjoy the pictures and I can't wait to see you all again in Anaheim in January!

April and Scarlet with Kerry Lynn Yeary on Day 1.

Here is a picture of A&S with Jared our rep from American Crafts. We had a great time with Jared, he even joined us for dinner at Giordanos one night!

This is A&S with Vee. She caught up with us on Day 1 at the MME booth.
Lavern was so excited to meet A&S, it was really sweet. We met her the first night at the SEI party, be we didn't have a camera. I was so glad that we ran into her again the next day so that we could have an "official" photo!
This is A&S with Ann Davis(first row center). Ann is a subscriber who is also a breast cancer survivor. She shared a mini album with us that told her cancer story.....it was hard to read, but so well done that I could not put it down. I'm sorry Ann, but I could not remember your friend's names, I hope that they will visit us at Studio Calico so that we can get to know them too!
Here is our very own Divine Miss D (Davinie) with Holly from Pink Paislee.

Here you see A&S with Kelly Goree. Kelly was a victim of twin switch this weekend!! She had an encounter with Amber that was pretty comical.....she had a whole conversation with her thinking that she was talking to April. It wasn't until close to the end, when she paused for a second that Amber was able to tell her that she was not April. Very funny stuff!!
On Day 2 we caught up with Celeste and Dina down by the Basic Grey booth.

We also found Jill Hogans, Barb Novak (Babs), and Emily Spahn (JustEm).

We found Emily Pitts (Mlepitts) in the Expoteria on Day 2. I must say that Convention food left a lot to be desired, but it was fun to run into friends and share a meal and a few laughs!


I was really excited to meet Becky Novacek. She was our guest designer last month and she ROCKED the Apple Orchard kit!

On Sat night, I went to the 2 Peas reception with "the sandwich." We ran into Jenn Emch (nygirl), Vee and Michelle Skinner (michelleomega). It was close quarters in the room where the reception was held, but we were able to get them all scrunched together for a picture.

Last, but not least, here is a picture of me with my good buddy Elmo. I asked Amber to take this picture so that I could go home and show Natalee that Mommy knows Elmo. She loves Elmo and went nuts when I uploaded the picture this afternoon. She immediately started hollering Uh-oh, she can't quite say Elmo yet! Anyway, this picture was definitely a hit!

Well, there you have it, a photo journal of all of the friends that we met in Chicago. I know that there are some that are not pictured, some of the pics just didn't turn out due to the inexperience of the photographer (me). I'm sorry that we weren't able to get them all up on the blog, but we enjoyed meeting you regardless!!

I must sign off now and say goodnight ~ I am going to rock my little one to sleep, something that I missed while I was away, and then I'm off to bed. I'm finally going to get to bed before 11:00!!

Talk to you soon!

Lorie

Your favorite kit packer/blogger/pack mule/picture taker

13 comments:

Emily Pitts said...

i like that photo of me with the ladies. it's better than mine. can you email the file? pleeeeeeese?

april said...

didn't she do a good job with that photo??

it looks like elmo is choking you Lorie, maybe "uh oh" was the correct word Natalee was going for :)

Thanks for all the posts this week. It certainly has been entertaining

Laura said...

Lorie - you did an amazing job with the blog the past few days. Love all the photos of SC friends and love hearing your perspective. You helped make us all feel like we were a part of CHA this time around. :) Enjoy being home with your little one!!!!!

Jenn said...

Lorie, great job with the blog and pics! I loved meeting you and all the SC girls!

Erin M said...

Looks like you all had such a great time! Thanks for taking the time to share all the pics with us!

diana albright said...

looks like such a fabulous time! and seriously, Lorie, i have loved it every time you've hijacked the blog. such awesomeness every time you post!

(can't believe i won something! thanks so much ladies!!!)

Anonymous said...

What an awesome job on the blog. I don't know how you managed...I was so tired at the end of every day, so I completely fell behind! Oh, and I don't think I gave you a hug...I was snuggling just about everyone :) I was so "star-struck" when I ran into the SC gang. I guess I owe you one! Thanks for posting my face here and making me feel like a "superstah"!

Anonymous said...

Lorie, I have so enjoyed the CHA posts too! You did a great job. Thanks for filling us in.

Anonymous said...

love all the photos! thanks for sharing them with us all!

Olivia said...

Looks like you all had a busy, but fab time! Thanks for sharing :)

Ally said...

Those are great fun!

liz mataraza said...

love it Lorie! great job! love all the pics; you guys look like you had an awesome time!

Anonymous said...

ahhhhh!!!
absolutely loved meeting all of you irl!
xo