July 15, 2008

scrapping tunes

one of my favorite ways to fire up the scrapping mojo is to turn up the tunes. music is essential while i'm scrapping.

i thought i'd share some recent favorites off my scrapping playlist with you:


(click play and it'll start)

the list:
The Kooks - Ooh La
Joshua Radin (featuring Ingrid Michaelson) - Sky
Ingrid Michaelson - The Hat
Phoenix - Lost and Found
Band of Horses - The Funeral
The Shins - Girl Sailor
Cary Brothers - Honestly
Death Cab for Cutie - Title and Registration
Spoon - Don't You Evah
Stars - Ageless Beauty
Rosie Thomas - Much Farther to Go
Sigur Ros - Vaka
Priscilla Ahn - Dream
My Morning Jacket - Wordless Chorus
Eva Cassidy - Fields of Gold
Vampire Weekend - A-Punk
George Gershwin - Rhapsody in Blue
Iron and Wine - Lovesong of the Buzzard
The Hives - It Won't Be Long
AC Newman - Miracle Drug

i'm also always open to discovering new tunes...what's been on your playlist lately? :)

-- caroline (yes, i'm taking over the blog this week!)

8 comments:

Sasha said...

Wow - sounds like we could exchange iPods for a week and not notice a difference. Love your mix! Especially The Kooks, they just make me happy with their adorable accents. Have a good day!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I'm so old school. I'm not sure you'd like any of my tunes! Besides, I'm also a country lovah! LOL But regardless, I actually like to scrap to NO music! I find that it can be distracting often. But some of the most recent uploads to my itunes have included:
Annie Lenox - Train in Vain
David Cook - anything available
Goo Goo Dolls - Iris
Carrie Underwood - My Last Name
Leanna Rimes - Nothing Better To Do

hjhgjl said...

I like to listen my Lenny Kravitz greatest hits cd...or Joss Stone...The Killers....Coldplay....Five for Fighting...U2....I often put the tv on Hitlist so all the current stuff works for me too :)

melita said...

great list! i love my country though ;)

Anonymous said...

Love your list Caroline. I have a pretty eclectric list. Really like Duffy, Coldplay, The Fray, Louis Armstrong, Amy Winehouse (I know...), The Killers, soundtrack to O Brother Where Art Thou, Poncho Sanchez, anything sort of 'punkish' from the early '8Os, Joe Jackson, Billie Holiday, U2, Dave Mathews...

Anonymous said...

So I can't spell ECLECTIC! : ) Or a few other things for that matter! ; )

Jen Caputo said...

Whoa..... what a list!!! love it! Most of those songs are on my favorites list, here are a few more:
The National - Fake Empire
Yeasayer - 2080
TV on the Radio - Satellite
Patty Griffin - Anything!! (but for the sake of the playlist I'll pick Icicles)
Rosie Thomas - Farewell
The Gossip - Careless Whisper
Bree Sharp - David Duchovny (an old favorite I'm recently obsessed with again - a guilty pleasure so to say)
Sufjan Stevens - Majesty Snowbird
Antony and the Johnsons - Fistful of Love
The National - Slow Show
Sufjan Stevens - The Man of Metropolis Steals Our Hearts

uhm.. yeah I could go on. Mmmmm...Indie Rock.... great picks Caroline, hope you like mine! We're headed to Pitchfork music festival this weekend in Chicago - yay!

Anonymous said...

I'm new to Studio Calico. The June 2008 kit is what caught my eye and got me inspired! I completed some layouts using my kit and the end results? I'm proud of myself! But, I really think it's all the scrappy goodness that Studio Calico provided for me! I truly enjoyed all the pics from CHA Chicago you posted, thank you for making me feel that I was kinda there! Can't wait for my August kit and Add-On sneeky peeks!
Velma Griffin