July 30, 2009

CHA - Day 3

Today was pretty quiet at CHA. We were there early this morning to get all of our order placed and make sure that we got all of you ladies the best stuff that the show had to offer!

I thought that I'd better give you the answers to all of the pictures from last night's blog. I was very impressed with all of your guesses, most of you as usual were very accurate. Here is where we were:
  1. The monsters pictured are the Sassafrass monsters from the Monstrosity line.
  2. April and Scarlet are with KC from My Minds Eye.
  3. April and Scarlet met Christine right outside of the 7 Gypsies booth.
  4. We were with Summer and Kimber at the Jillibean Soup.
  5. Almost everyone got this one....yes, we are with Jenni Bowlin.
Thanks to everyone who took part in our little sleuthing excursion. It was a lot of fun to go through all the pictures of the day and put it together. Don't forget, we will have a little challenge at the end of the week for all of you that followed the blog all week.

Well, we left the show around Noon and took off for a Studio Calico team building exercise. I have been researching Air Boat tours off and on all week, and we finally decided to use a company called Spirit of the Swamp Air Boat Tours. They offer one hour tours on beautiful Lake Tohopekaliga. We saw 3 alligators, 5 bald eagles and lots of other native birds and wildlife. We had a great time and I thought that I would show you some of the photos from the day. Stephen is not only a wonderful graphic designer, he is also handy with a camera. Here are some of the pictures that he took today....they are awesome!
Here is the high powered machine that we rode in today. Captain Harold and his wife Debbie took us out in this mean machine. The boys asked lots of questions, they were really pumped up when they saw it. Air boats actually glide along the top of the water and are able to go over land if necessary. They have no reverse, so you have to be able to turn around or hop land wherever you go. We also found out that the engine is a Corvette engine...Captain Harold was really surprised when we told him that we were from Bowling Green, KY...the home of the Corvette!

One of the best things about the tour was that each of us was given a headset so that we could hear Captain Harold and each other without having to scream over the engine. Here you see me giving the thumbs up that my headset was working properly. Captain Harold and Debbie were great guides and gave lots of interesting facts about the local wildlife and water plants.
This is Stephen and Greg as we were flying across the lake. Captain Harold called it natural air-conditioning, it sure did feel good....it was about 90 degrees while we were out there.

Stephen took this picture of Greg & April when we stopped to look at some little baby birds.

Here are a couple of the beautiful landscapes that Stephen photographed this afternoon. Look at those gorgeous clouds reflected in the water!

Here we are looking at a Mama Gator protecting her nest. She was laying in the water staring at the bank making sure that we don't get too close. Captain Harold told us that based on the size of her head, she was long enough that her tail was right up to the side of the boat underwater.

Last, but not least, here is a group photo taken by Debbie. We had a wonderful time and learned a ton about the Florida flora and fauna. Thanks Greg & April for such a wonderful team building experience.

I have one more picture for you. This was taken by Stephen at CHA...take a look, what do you see?



OK ladies, I'm out of here for the night. Tomorrow morning we are headed over to the CHA Consumer Show. We wanted to check it out since it is a first time event. I'll tell you a little about it Saturday. I won't post tomorrow, we will be driving 12 hours to get home and it will likely be the wee hours of the morning. I'll also post my quiz questions on Saturday. Please check it out because I've got some great prizes for those that take the time to answer! I've picked up several cool things this week and I'd love to slip them in your shipping box next week! Thanks again for reading my long winded posts....I've enjoyed all of your comments and praise.

Goodnight,
Lorie

25 comments:

waleska said...

I see a studio calico box! :)
the boat looks like a lot of fun... great pictures too!

MandeeM said...

wow that was a full trip for you gals (& guys)... i am excited... i got them all right yesterday! can't wait to see what you all brought back!

Brianaj said...

Me too, I see and Sc box. That boat ride thing looked like alot of fun. But dang, alligators scare me. I'll be studying your every work Lori for a chance at the CHA goodies. You betcha.

Christina O said...

I see a SC box too! Boat ride looks like so much fun! And those pictures are wonderful!

LisaNRoxy said...

A Studio Calico box!! How cool is that!

Kimberly said...

Yepper, a STUDIO CALICO box! Loved the air boat photos. Those things sure are fun. Looks as though you all soaked in a great deal while at the show and I know it is a fabulous memory---good thing you all had sunshine. Be safe on your way home.

Diana said...

How cool is that? A SC box stashed under the table! It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun on the boat and a lot of cool pictures too! Thanks for sharing them! :)

Cassi said...

I see the beloved SC goodies box. I also see a Big Shot w/Glitter or Embossing Powder, I see a booth by Plaid, and what looks like a digital scrapbooth too.

Anonymous said...

Someone is sneaking in SC treasures to the show!

Did you arrest them and bring them back for us!?!

Kirsten B in MN

Anne aka Anniescraps said...

I so loved your blog posts and trying to figure out everything. I am glad everyone had such a good time!

Kimber-Leigh said...

i see an SC box too! fun times!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I Spy a Studio Calico box! Cool!

The photos are amazing . . . wow, that one with the clouds reflect . . . awesome!

diana albright said...

i see the studio calico box too!

looks like such a fun excursion, and stephen IS quite the photographer!

Victoria S. said...

Well i was right about all but the 7 gypsies -didnt post b/c i thought maybe it would be a contest later LOL.
thank so much for posting pix for those of who could not come... I lived in Orlando for 5 years and we never thought to do a boat tour -that would have been amazing!
have a safe trip back!

Anonymous said...

that airboat ride looks like a ton of fun!!! I remember the first one I ever went on thru the everglades on a school field trip!!! We had a blast!! I really want to take my husband on one soon since he has never been and loves those kind of activities! Have fun on your last day at CHA!!! Drive safe home!!!!

Staci said...

I see a Studio Calico box there, too. Looks like a very fun boat tour and a great time at CHA.

kreativeimagination said...

Wishing you a safe trip back home. Long posts you say. I enjoyed reading every single detail about it. Thanks for sharing CHA details with us.

Jenn said...

I see a Studio Calico box under neath the table to the right of the picture! It was great to see you guys there.

Kim said...

Wow! Those pictures from the boat are amazing! what a great end to an excellent week. :)

Abby said...

Cool-an SC box! What booth was that in?!? Anyway, I'm embarrassed to say that as long as I've lived here in Florida (13 years or so) I've never been on an airboat ride! But that looks like so much fun, I've got to plan one for my family! Thanks for keeping us updated!

Daniela F. said...

Oh, yeah, I can see that box, too :-) I so enjoyed reading all of your posts and seeing the photos. Thanks for keeping us updated!

AllyW said...

I see a Studio Calico box :)

Erika said...

YEA1 Glad it was fun. Can't wait for the update on the consumer show as well.

rebecca lucille said...

loved the airboat tour pics! I was at the consumer show Friday late afternoon and Sat. morning.... and quite frankly I was a bit disappointed....
such is life....eh?

Kim Bolyard said...

love it...i spy a Studio Calico box....
peace
kim