July 17, 2009

Inspiration Taken, Inspiration Given

What I really love about posting a sketch is seeing how it's been used...because the inspiration is given back to me tenfold (is that selfish?). Seriously, I love the routes you took with the sketch, and even if it ended up looking nothing like the sketch--you were (I hope) sparked.

hera


Candacehnc

micheleomega
meganklauer

Here's my layout from the sketch. Part of my 'method' when doing a sketch is to look at a couple of times and then turn away, working from memory. Most often I wind up much more pleased and with a more original layout that way.


Thanks so much for playing along this week (this is my last day on the blog hosting gig--Tina will finish up tomorrow)...I am always surprised by depth and width of your creative talents!!

2 comments:

liz mataraza said...

i'm probably late, but i did one too. great sketch. can't wait for another one!
http://www.studiocalico.com/forums/galleries/show/12768

meganklauer said...

Oh my goodness! I love your hawk star layout and I'm totally diggin the hair cut!!!