July 27, 2009

Reveal Night at CHA!

This morning at the crack of dawn, I got up and loaded my suitcase into the car and headed over to April's to leave for CHA. We all piled in and were on the road by 5:45 am. April, our own personal Garmin, planned out our trip to the last detail....she even planned at stop at Panera in Atlanta so that we could go live at Noon! Unfortunately, the Panera was owned by someone that did not care about Studio Calico and limited our online time to a measly 30 minutes and had all of the power outlets in the restaurant disabled during their peak time!! Whaaaaa??!?!?! Needless to say, we ended up across the way over at Taco Mac. We used their power outlets and WIFI and told Panera to take a hike! This worked out great for me, I had one of the best steak quesadillas ever...man, it was really good! After lunch, we hit the road again and decided to let Greg navigate for a while so that we could all take a nap.

He got us down the road and we ended up getting into Orlando around 8:00 pm. We got checked into the hotel and headed out for dinner. We ate an insane amount of food, including this Orange Creamsicle Cake that was to die for, and then we headed back to the hotel for our big reveal party!! It's now 5 min to midnight and we (April, Scarlet, Greg, Stephen, Emily, Tina and I) are sitting around a conference table in one of our rooms, most of us in PJ's. Laptops are all over the place and the sound of frantic typing is filling the room! Greg is grilling the designers asking for new ideas for products, lines, items to add to the shop and so on.... Scarlet is putting all of the last minute touches on everything, getting it all ready to go at midnight... April is monitoring the message boards and answering emails... Stephen is trying to follow all of the conversations, but he is losing...he's very tired and having a hard time keeping up... And last, but not least, here I am blogging....trying to give all of you ladies an inside glimpse of what it's like to be here in the midst of all of the chaos!

I am so happy to be here again and so excited to share all of the wonderful goodies that we will see while we are here at CHA! I hope that you will all follow the blog this week and share in the experience with us. I'll be here every night.....I'll try to give you some sneaks and tantalize you with visions of what you may see in future kits.

See you tomorrow night!
Lorie

20 comments:

Kristin said...

At least it sounds like the chaos was fun, lol! Can't wait to see sneaks on the blog and I have been enjoying the reveal.

Kim said...

I made my order at noon...so glad to be a subscriber now! This is going to be so fun...seeing all your CHA craziness! Thanks for the post.

Anonymous said...

orange creamsicle cake? YUM!! Have a blast in the chaos!

Kimberly said...

Sounds like you all are the crowd to hang with in Orlando. Have a wonderful time and a safe trip back. Looking forward to reading the blog this week.

Barb said...

What a fun post, Lorie. I felt like I was right there in the chaos.

lisa truesdell said...

have fun!! i wish i was there. =)

jamie said...

that blog post sounded like a total blast...especially the orange creamscicle cake...yikes!!! eager to see what is going on daily in orlando. have more fun for us all.

Erika said...

So Fun! thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are blogging while there! can't wait to see some of your favorites :)

Aubree said...

Have a great time...looking forward to hearing all about it!

amyjk said...

fun details, lorie! i look forward to seeing CHA through your eyes!

Micki said...

Lorie,

It's so much fun to read your post, lol..... ohhh it sounds like you guys are having fun, what's better than sitting in a room full of friends in your pj's.
Can't wait to hear more.

april y said...

I'm sure you are going to have a great time! Wish I was there too...

scrapping4twins said...

Sounds great! I would love to know where you had the Orange creamsicle cake? I'm going up for the show on Friday and Sat. and that sounds delish!

Diana said...

I hope you guys have a blast! I look forward to reading about your adventures! :)

Penny Smith said...

Thanks for sharing with us! I SO miss being there this time around! So your keeping us updates is SO nice!

reen said...

Sounds wonderful.Thanks for sharing the updates.

Tara said...

Did anyone think to get photos of Studio Calico's Mobile Command Central? Sounds like a crazy night!

scrapping4twins said...

Hi me again! I accidently deleted all my spam emails and there was an email in there from you about the creamsicle cake - would you mind emailing me again at iamstmpin@aol.com? Thanks so much! Loved your Fuddruckers story!

Unknown said...

What is the name of the company that is releasing the sticky back screen print? Looks awesome!