May 7, 2010

member spotlight : qingmei

Happy Friday, all!! I'm super excited to sspotlight one of our members today - the lovely and talented Geralyn! She goes by qingmei on the message board and I'm sure you've noticed her beautiful pages in our gallery. Geralyn's work shows a wonderful sense of color and design, and I can't wait to share a little more about her with you all.




1. What 3 items can you not live without?
Studio Calico alpha stamps (particularly the Carter & Storytime alphas).
Label stickers.
Border punches.


2. What's inspiring you right now?
These days, I find a lot of inspiration from browsing through tumblr or design blogs (one of my favorites is http://ohjoy.blogs.com/). I also get inspiration from JCrew and Anthropologie catalogues. If I ever feel like I'm stuck, the amazing DT gallery at SC never fails at inspiring me; I love browsing through the past galleries as well.


3. What's your favorite Studio Calico kit?
Joyland - I love the color palette and the mix of papers, alphas and embellishments is perfect. I find that my layouts with Joyland are coming together pretty quickly because I love the combination of supplies so much.


4. What are you listening to right now?
Hmmm...The Fray, Jack's Mannequin, Joshua Radin, Matt Nathanson, Explosions in the Sky, and Voxtrot. Oh, and songs from Glee!

5. Any guilty pleasures?
CW's The Vampire Diaries. I thought it was a silly show, but my sister got me into it at the beginning of this year and now I find myself anticipating the newest episode each week :)

6. Choose a layout that best represents you as a scrapbooker.
Hmm, I don't really know how to define my 'style', but perhaps this layout:



I picked this layout because it shows that I scrapbook 8.5x11 pages (I'm more comfortable with the smaller size than 12x12). I feel that my layout designs are pretty neat/clean, but I love adding details and embellishments. Oh, and I always handwrite my journaling! :)

Here are a couple more examples of Geralyn's work:


How fun are those fisheye pics?? i love the added patterned paper borders on two of her photos, and titlework here is perfect.


More beautiful titlework on this page - and I absolutely love the misted background and all of the little bits sprinkled around the page.

I hope you enjoyed this inspiration - please stop by Geralyn's gallery for even more gorgeous projects! If you have any questions for her, please ask away - I'm sure she'd be happy to answer.

10 comments:

Amy said...

I have been loving Geralyn's work for a while now!! She is so talented! Such an inspiration! :D Thanks for sharing all your brilliant work Geralyn!

Oh and BTW I wanted to share that I had an obsession only a few years ago with a book series by the same author of the Vampire Diaries called The Night World! I love those books! And I think I would still be reading them now if my husband wouldn't make fun of me about it! LOL! (Just found out though that they don't make them anymore! BooHoo! So sad.)

Laura Fiore said...

Congratulations Geralyn...you've got a fabulous style, and it was really fun to learn a little about you!

Susan Weinroth said...

fabulous member spotlight!!!!
i ADORE geralyn's work!!!
:)

Mary Jo said...

Wow! Really love your work! :0)

Curlywiggles said...

Yay! I love Geralyn's layouts and have lot's of them added to my fab's, Glad to see her featured here.

stephanie aka scrapandthecity said...

Yay Geralyn!!! So talented!!

Donna said...

wow. just fabulous.

Marti said...

Geralyn- I love your work! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Oh i love all your pages :)

Anna Sigga said...

Fantastic designs!!!