May 4, 2010

inspired by : hexagons

In honor of the fabulous honeycomb SC exclusive paper in the Granny's Cupboard kit, I went in search of more hexagon inspiration on Flickr.




How fun is this? I love that each little hexagon showcases just the right part of the pattern.

(source)

I'm totally digging the hexagon border on this pillow.

(source)

I love how the hexagons are scattered on this, rather than nested together.

(source)

All this color makes me swoon! And it would be fun to apply the idea of doing circles within a hexagon to paper.

(source)

Hexagons as wall art.

(source)

I adore the idea of making flowers out of hexagons.

(source)

And this last one is a little more freeform, but has an overall hexagonal look. This would be super fun to do with paper.

(source)

I think I'm going to have to make a page using one or two of these ideas - how about you?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely inspiration! ... i am in awe :)

Erin M said...

Love the one with the crocheted circles inside. That would definitely be a good idea to incorporate.

Renee Campbell said...

I love this post and a little jealous that I didn't think of it. :D No, but seriously I am so in love with hexagons. I love how they remind me of old vintage quilts. I would love to make a pillow or wall hanging kind of like the ones you posted. So pretty. Thank you and keep the inspiration coming.

Gracie said...

so inspiring...thanks Lisa!

Danielle said...

ohhh, I am loving the freeform "hexagonal" quilt. I just might have to try that with paper! Thanks for the inspo!

GretaB said...

very cool inspiration! I love that pillow with the scattered hexagons. it's fun to think of scrapping ideas from these pictures.

Ursula Schneider said...

I am seriously drooling over that crocheted coverlet. OMG!! Sooo beautiful.

*reyanna* said...

WOW! LOVE this post! Thank you for the inspiration! LOVE posts like this. :-)

stephanie aka scrapandthecity said...

love the hexagons and how they make a honeycomb.