May 26, 2010

Tutorial : Update Your Earrings

Hey everyone! Sasha here, reporting live from hot and humid Singapore!

I love costume jewellery, I know a lot of us do. So today I'm gonna share how I updated one pair of my old earrings. Super easy to do, I am now wondering why in the world did I not do this earlier? :)


First I got my pack of Rub On out, and also the pair of earrings I was gonna play with.



I cut the design apart to make sure they'll be where I want them to.
Then I rubbed one scalloped part onto the earrings.



There will be parts of the rub on sticking out of the earrings, just use your fingers to smooth them to the back of the earrings. Please pay no attention to the messy background. I have been shopping and shopping and didn't spend my time organizing the new stuff, that's why they're all piled up on the table, leaving me to work on a 12 x 12 space.





Then I did the same with the other earring, added some blings and voila! Got myself a 'new' pair of earrings. Now I am gonna look for more old earrings to 'refresh'! I really hope you'll try this :) Fun, trust me. Just don't worry about perfection, and you'll enjoy this. :)

15 comments:

Gaëlle said...

gorgeous !!! great idea, I want the same :D

Unknown said...

Great idea! Will definitely try this. Thanks Sasha :)

Cheryl said...

Great idea love it x

Kataroo said...

insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love this

Jen said...

What an absolutely FANTASTIC idea!!!!!! Love it!!!

Sasha said...

RAD! That's a fantastic idea! Thanks Sasha!

Laetitia said...

Génial!!

dawnaclark said...

super cool idea!

Jennifer Yates said...

that is a fabulous idea! Love it!

lindam said...

Great idea! They turned out so good! Thanks Sasha!

Marie-Hélène à Madrid said...

A very good idea !!! Thank to share

Lauren said...

What a lovely, lovely idea! Too cute!

SquashyCupcake said...

wow, I love your new earrings! lovely :)

bethchien said...

great idea!

Keely Livings said...

OOOH! These are gorgeous, Sasha. Such a fabulous idea.