June 14, 2009

leftovers, the unorganized way.

I envy those who have the most organized, effective and inspiring space. Everything in it's place, ready to use when you need it. I am not that person. I try to be, I really do but in the end it's that bit of chaos that works for me.

My leftover SC kits are basically everywhere. Papers in the scrap room I choose to not scrap in. Little bits of paper that I cannot seem to part with are put into tiny plastic bags. I usually throw those bits along with any embellishments in a shallow glass bowl when I'm working with the current month's kit.

I put the things like alphabets and longer odd and ends in a basket. Makes it easy to thumb through. Buttons and ribbons are about the only things I have a set spot for. These jars are the perfect home for these types of embellishments.I also like to cover those cheapo pencil boxes with my own hand-stamped paper and store things like brads, stamps, and misc chipboard pieces. I'll go through it every couple of months and put certain things away and keep those that I would like to use in the next month. If it's not used within a month, it gets tucked away for me to discover later.
So that's it for me. How I store my SC leftovers. Kirsty will be back later to show what she does with hers.

Happy Sunday,
Tina







8 comments:

bethchien said...

I love that stamped box. That is sooo awesome! Yeah, I am not very organized! lol
B

Hot Wheels and Glue Guns said...

That looks about what I do, I will never be the perfect organized scrapper. But, that's ok with me!

Thanks for sharing!

Emily Pitts said...

i like to think that someday i'll be organized! i recently just broke down a year and a half of kits into their proper places. it's kind of a good feeling. i'm getting better about using them now. this is a great post!

*reyanna* said...

Yay! I LOVE seeing this type of thing. I'm inspired to show mine on my blog now. :D

Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

Deanna G. said...

That stamped box is SO fantastic! I'm not organized, but I think that's half the fun bc when you do find something, it's almost like Christmas, lol. Awesome peek into how you store your kits T!

Joaniebolognie said...

Love the stamped box! I'm constantly re-organizing my scrappy space....helps me to find things I packed away and forgot about!

Andrea said...

That's about what I do too! I thought I was being pretty organized about it too...guess not!!

Gretchen said...

Love the idea of putting extra bits in the container... I think I might have to borrow that idea.