Caroline and I brainstormed and came up with a list of FIFTY, yes 50 last minute gifts. Some are scrappy, some are not!
1. Make a Glass Ball Ornament with curled paper and bells and stickers
2. Put a bottle of wine in a pretty bag
3. Make several kinds of cookies, put them on plates, when you wrap them up include the recipes so that your friends can make their favorites next year.
4. Make a 4x6 Brag Book
5. Make Salt Dough or Cinnamon Dough Ornaments, paint them, and give them away.
6. Have your kids draw on a T-shirt, or Frame, or Mug for a parent or grandparent.
7. Make up some easy Mason Jar gifts. Top them with fabric and ribbon for a pretty presentation.
8. Make a Band-Aid Box Gift Card Holder
9. Make some pom pom barrettes for the little girlies on your list!
10.Make a felt and fabric brooch.
11. Fill a Gift Bag filled $1 Spot gifties
12. Hot glue cinnamon sticks around a candle. You could embellish it with ribbons and flowers too.
13. Put a bow on a bag of mixed nuts (my dad's fav!)
14. Give a Paper Bag Card Gift Card Holder
15. Present a nice mug holding an individual packet of hot chocolate and a chocolate dipped spoon.
16. Make someone a piece of Monogram Wall Art
17. Make a set of refrigerator magnets out of bottle caps and round magnets
18. Give a Photo Ornament
19. String a bell or two on a ribbon and tie it to a shepard's hook earring set. Give it to your favorite merry friend! This one you might want to make a few sets at a time, they'll be a crowd favorite!
20. Buy an I Tunes Gift Card
21. Decorate a box or tin filled with homemade cookies
22. Cover a 2009 Pocket Calendar
23. Decorate a NoteCube
24. Consider maing a different photo ornament
25. Find a favorite quote and make a piece of Wall Art
26. Dip Pretzel logs into melted chocolate and then roll immediately in sprinkles. Package 5 together in a lollipop bag and tie with a ribbon, viola, insta gift for your coworkers.
27. Speaking of sprinkles, Fill a restaurant sugar container (I got mine at Big Lots) with Sprinkles and wrap a ribbon around with a tag that says "spread joy"
28. Give a gift subscription to a favorite magazine.
29. Monogram a hand towel.
30. Give some Name Wall Art
31. Make a fun and bright statement for someone by stringing a button necklace.
32. Give a mix CD of your own making:)
33. Punch butterflies out of different patterned papers and make a butterfly collage.
34. Get a $1 Store big bowl, fill it with Microwave Popcorn, a couple of candy bars or movie candy and a gift card to Netflix or Blockbuster
35. Make a family tree.
36. Make your own gift bag, decorate the outside, fill it with candy, give away the love:)
37. Cover a Kraft Notebook from Target, wrap a matching pen with it and give it to a special friend.
38. Cover some Letters
39. Decorate a Tin and fill it with candy
40. Give a "Night Out" to a busy couple of parents. Buy them 2 tickets to the movies, and offer to watch their kids!
41. Make a pillow box Gift Card holder.
42. Make your own Coupons
43. Wrap up a set of matching cards
44. Make a Ribbon Belt
45. Decorate a Candle
46. Make a Felt Tree, or a stuffed tree.
47. Or Make a paper tree, or a different paper tree or a different different paper trees.
48. Frame some recent photos of your family or kids for a parent or close family member.
49. Make a reusable Coffee Cozy out of Felt and give it with a Starbuck's gift card.
50. Make an Altoid Tin Mini Book
Comment here with any other suggestions or you know, whatever, and on Monday I'll pull a name for a last minute gift or two from Studio Calico :)