April 10, 2010

scrapping memorabilia : pocket page

Woohoo, it's the weekend!! =) I'm getting ready to spend my day at the ball field - Alex & Ben both have their first Little League games of the season this afternoon. But first, I wanted to share an easy way to get your memorabilia into your scrapbooks.

I've had this stack of cards on my desk since Alex turned 9 a couple weeks ago. I was going to throw them into the drawer with his other keepsakes when I had an idea for a quick pocket page.



I started with a base of 12x12 cardstock. I attached the card that I'd made for his birthday to the center of an 8.5x11in transparency, and then added a Sassafras banner sticker and some stars punched with my medium and large Fiskars twinkle twinkle punches. I added a few gems and a strip of patterned paper and then stitched the transparency to the cardstock. I love that all of the cards are contained, but that you're still able to get a peek at them without taking them all out of the pocket. This would also work well for other memorabilia - I know that I have a lot of brochures and the like from trips that are too big to incorporate into a layout, but that I'd like to have on display.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I've been looking for something to hold things like that in my scrapbooks. Where do you get transparencies?

Anonymous said...

Fabulous :) ... Just so other's know, I have done simular pockets using extra page protectors. They are slippery, but I have a lot of them, so I used them!

Debbie said...

what a great idea. =) tfs!~

Deirdre said...

Brilliant! Makes me want to go back and redo several old pocket pages so the contents are visible. Any tricks to stitching with a transparency?

lisa truesdell said...

no tricks, deirdre - it went through just fun!!

amanda - any office supply store, or even target, should have them. =)

lindam said...

My daughter just turned 8! Now I know what to do with her cards! Thanks Lisa!

Sharon said...

Wow just came across this - excellent idea for holiday memorabilia like maps etc.!!