September 9, 2009

CKC Classes by some SC gals!!!!

How fun is this?!!? Our very own April Foster and Maggie Holmes will each be teaching the following class at two different Creating Keepsakes Conventions events in September and October! Here are the details and a sneak peek....

Masking & Misting

The class will teach 2 masking techniques used with Maya Mist. Students will make 2 layouts and leave with lots of extra product to take home.

CKC Nashville with April Foster - advanced registration is closed, but there are still openings available. Just sign up on site
Friday, September 11 @ 6:00pm
Saturday, September 12 @ 4:30pm

CKC Glendale with Maggie Holmes - online registration is open until Sunday, September 13
http://www.scrapandpapercorner.com/events/ckc/glendale/index.html
Saturday, October 3 @ 12:30pm
Saturday, October 3 @ 1:50pm
The class size in Glendale is much smaller, so you'll definitely want to register in advance.


Wouldn't it be so fun for a bunch of SC'ers to meet up there and take one of these classes?! If you plan on going...be sure to start a thread on the message boards so you can meet up with other gals attending! I just wish I lived closer!

Now on to the blog theme this week.... have you completed or started to plan out your layout for the challenge?! There are some great ones already popping up in the gallery and don't forget that you will be in the running for a $5 SC gift card if you participate! Here's my take on the boy challenge. My little fish...aka, Connor. This boy wouldn't even put his face in the water at the start of summer, but now is swimming underwater, doing handstands, flips, etc. It took a couple weeks of daily lessons and afternoons at the pool, but he got it! :)
My "girly" embellishment I used (to fulfill the challenge) was some glitter covered cardstock (white background in the pic below..a little hard to see) and some jewels that I used to accent the fishies. I don't think I would have picked those two things out to use on this page had it not been part of the challenge...but I love how they look now!

Have a great day....hope you get some scrapping time in!



4 comments:

*reyanna* said...

Oh, man! AWESOME! I wish I lived closeby! :-p

Kim said...

I am going to CKC Nashville...and hope to meet April! Got my SC kit yesterday and wish I was creating instead of packing...see you all or {ya'll} in Nashville

Kimberly said...

This should be some fun. I almost signed up but I am not too familiar with Nashville yet and I am cropping on Saturday....I HOPE YOUR CLASSES are FULL! Enjoy.

Kimber-Leigh said...

i LOVE your page nicole!

and i wish i was closer to the ckc's!