September 19, 2009

My Take on the Challenge

I am a bit reluctant to share my layout for this week's challenge. Like I said earlier, this was a tough one for me. I really LOVE my patterned papers with a big capital L and O and V and E.... and I also love adding a few (or more) little pieces of "this and that"... whether it is brads, rhinestones, metal embellishments, trinkets, gadgets, whatever.... I just always seem to add a few of those types of things as my finishing touches and my layouts don't seem complete without them. I guess it is like the accessories to an outfit for me... kind of like how I feel not completely ready without earrings.

But alas, I did refrain and I resisted the very strong urge I had to "finish" my page by adding a few little "things." So, here it is... my layout that uses nothing but cardstock and photos. I altered the cardstock with mist and a marker and also used some punches. I used the negative part of a set of cardstock letters to trace the title. Then I put the positive pieces for the letters on top of most of it before I sprayed the mist. This kept some of the letters white and then let the others (that weren't covered) get sprayed with the mist. (hope that makes sense! :) )



I added the punched hearts and stitched them in place, a couple of strips of paper and the photo corner.... then I did my journaling and I was done. I have to say that I like how quickly it came together and I do like that the focus is on the photos and the story ........................................................................................................................................................................................

However, I can't promise that a few little things like buttons or brads or what-have-you's won't somehow sneak their way onto the page before it finds its way into an album. Shhhh... don't tell anyone ok? Cause then I would be in trouble for cheating!

6 comments:

april said...

there's nothing to be ashamed of with this LO! it's absolutely gorgeous. love your misting

mary said...

I like it just the way it is. very clever idea for the letters; I'll have to try that.

Jukebox said...

I also find it hard to leave well enough alone! But this LO is truly beautiful as is. It's been a long while since I've seen something original that makes me sit up and say "WOW!" Just love that misting technique with the chipboard. I'm definitely trying this.
- Kathy

Anonymous said...

love it just the way it is :)

Carol B said...

love how simple it is.....very creative
I, more often than not, keep adding and adding till i create a monster

Astrid said...

I love the idea of the misting technique for the title. I was wondering how you did it. Like to try it 1 time. I won't tell if you add something ;)