January 16, 2010

Member Spotlight - Kristin Faust

This week, one of our dearest members has been invited to show you how much she loves Studio Calico :)


Kristin Faust has such an amazing style and every SC layout that she makes shows how beautiful and inspiring our kits are :)



Here are a couple of questions for Kristin...


how did you get started with Scrapbooking?

I had thought about trying the whole “scrapbook thing” before but didn’t know too much about it. I had walked into a scrapbook store and walked out with a pair of decorative scissors and a tiny punch. Things were so expensive and I was a bit overwhelmed!

Fast forward to my first Disney trip and a few extra dollars and we were in business!

At the time I had a boss that had been scrapbooking for years and interestingly enough, scrapbooking was the only neutral topic that we could talk about. I then discovered Creating Keepsakes and realized that the layouts featured in the magazine were made by “everyday” people and well…the rest is history!


How do you usually start with a new layout?
I print photos at home and usually batch print several so I have them ready for me when I scrap. I generally select photos and then cardstock. Then I play around with pattern paper and photo placement and then add my title. Sometimes I will stop here, take a break (sometimes for days), and then add embellishments and my journaling. I’m a busy gal so I really try to simplify the process as much as possible. (That’s better than saying I’m lazy right?)

What do you like so much about Studio Calico?
One of my favorite things about Studio Calico is the ability to customize my little brown box that comes to my doorstep every month. Need extra stickers? Done. Want to hoard exclusive paper and stamps? Done and definitely done!


Your favorite SC stamp.
This is a tough one because I love ALL of my SC stamps! I would have to say if I must pick one it would be the airplane stamp…I love the vintage vibe and details on image.


Your favorite SC kit.
Whodunit definitely got the most of my paycheck. The circle paper this month…well we made need some time alone together. I’m just sayin’
:)


If you had to move to a desert island, what would you bring?
Flip flops and nail polish. Seems silly but somehow everything else seems better with a fresh pedicure and comfy footwear.


Your favorite book.
I am more of a periodical kind of gal…should I just say Twilight to fit in?


Your favorite song/album.
My favorite song right now is Tik Toc by Kei$ha. It’s silly and immature but it makes me shake my money maker every time it comes on my ipod.


Your favorite movie.
Generally anything Disney related is a winner but my favorite movie is “The Cutting Edge.”

Thank you
Kristin Faust for being so inspiring to us!

céline

4 comments:

Hot Wheels and Glue Guns said...

Thanks for sharing. Is 'The Cutting Edge' the old romance movie about ice skating? If so, you have a kinded spirit here, I used to LOVE that movie- 'TOEPICK" Have a good one!

Linda said...

I also like The Cutting Edge. Love your Paradise Found layout... just beautiful! Thank you Kristin for sharing!

Jill said...

Kristin, it's so great to see you featured here -- you KNOW I'm a fan! :)

Melanie Johnson said...

Hi Kristin! Great post...you are always a fun read. : ) And yet another thing in common - The Cutting Edge....I grew up on that movie! (Finger painting.....?) ha ha : ) Melanie