January 8, 2010

Member Spotlight

This week's member spotlight is Annie, also known as BInspired. Her fresh photos and creative use of scrappy products has caught members' eyes as well as my own.


When did you start scrapbooking?

I started scrapbooking in 2006 when I accidentally stumbled upon a small scrapbook store and absolutely fell in love with it when I took a class on completing a travel album.


Why do you love scrapbooking?

There are so many different ways to express yourself in this hobby...it's only limited by your own imagination. While I use this hobby as a creative outlet ( I am an engineer by day) for me, it's also a really beautiful way of preserving memory and cherish and share the photos that are tucked away on my computer.


How do you describe your style?

What I do depends a lot on what's inspiring me at the moment. I've tried many styles of scrapbooking but I most lean towards "Rustic Modern". I love the vintage look of inking edges, misting, tearing, sanding in combination with with clean lines and and simple looks.


Who/what inspires you?

My favorite sources of inspirations are Tina Aszmus (Studio Calico's very own!). I love her style of photography and her scrapbooking(obviously!). It's so simple and elegant. Every time I see her work find myself wanting to start scrapbooking or pick up my camera to start taking photos.

Paislee Press. While this blog focuses on digital scrapbooking, the style and concepts can be easily used in paper scrapbooking. Simple, yet GORGEOUS!


Who's your favorite manufacturer?

This is such a tough question! It's really a toss up between Cosmo Cricket and Collage Press. I tend to hog a lot of Cosmo Cricket so I guess Cosmo Cricket it is! I've been so in love with color combo in the Nutmeg collection and Jolly by Golly collection.


What's on your iPod lately?

I am almost ashamed to say this, but I love Lady GaGa! Yes, she is different and she is very odd sometimes but she's probably one of the most talented artists I've seen in a long time-she can really sing and she composes her own music! Other artists I am currently listening to: Jason Mraz, Jack Johnson, Michael Jackson, Norah Jones.





So stop by and check out some of Annie's creations...and leave her some love!

Annie's Gallery
Annie's Blog

xoxo,

Steph W

8 comments:

meganklauer said...

Amazing inspiration!

Jingle said...

These are beautiful pages! Gorgeous!

Jenni said...

i love these layouts - great spotlight!

{VICKI} said...

"we are engaged" is a fabulous layout!

Stacey said...

Gorgeous layouts. Love all the details!

Conchita said...

I love its! Beautiful!!!!
Hugs

Julia Sáddi said...

Great works!!! Loved them all!!! and the sketches referring to each of the works, where do you girls post? Happy New Year!!! xox Julia Saddi

Linda said...

Beautiful inspiration!