January 9, 2010

mini {Home Front} tutorial

Hi everyone! Here's a quick mini album I created using Home Front's journaling cards. I hope you like it :)


supplies:
  • Studio Calico- Home Front journaling cards, papers, stickers & fabRips
  • Trading card binder pages (from any office supply store)
  • Studio Calico journaling stamp
  • Maya Mists
  • Distress Inks
  • 3D Dots
  • Sewing machine

steps:
  • Trim a trading card page into individual pockets (2.5" x 4")
  • Select the cards and papers you want to use (trim to 2.5" x 4 if necessary)
  • Arrange all the pages and secure them with a binder clip
  • Sew the pages together

  • Cut a piece of fabRip 4" long (the woodgrain one is the perfect width!) and cover the book spine with it
  • Add your pictures and you're done!

My little book (called 'my today'- did you notice?) is about our everyday... stuff my family and I do that I want to remember. This one page is about my kids reading a book first thing in the morning before they even get out of bed... it's their new 'thing'.

Anyway, if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Happy Saturday!

12 comments:

Debbie said...

this is a cute mini !~ thanks for the tutorial !~

Susan Weinroth said...

this is beyond CUTE waleska!!! :) love it!

Kimber-Leigh said...

love it waleska! super cute...and a great idea to slice those sheets!

Sasha Farina said...

oh that is super cute!

Jill said...

This is such a great tutorial -- thanks so much! The mini looks amazing.

MichelleB said...

What a great idea! Thanks for the tutorial!

Marianne Levy said...

Love it! Thanks for the tutorial!

Anonymous said...

This is super cute!!! I love it :o)
Thanks a lot for the tutorial!!!

Tiffany Heilman said...

So cute. I love this mini. Thanks for the tut.

Heidi said...

Sooo cool!!!!

Denise said...

You are so creative. I love what you have designed. Definitely will be using your tutorial to create a little something something. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I love this idea. A quick and super cute project.