February 18, 2010

Tutorial: Flower Accent

Hi there! I'm here with a fun tutorial for you today. I'm a newbie to misting, so I've been taking little baby steps to get used to it. I'm definitely not comfortable enough to go spraying it all over my layouts, but I'm getting there. ;) Today, I'm going to show you how I created this fun little flower accent...

To start, you'll need to cut out or punch a medium sized circle. You can put that aside for now.


Then, choose a stamp that you want to use. I used this one here, but there are lots of others that would work well for this too. Stamp your image onto white cardstock.
Then, use your fine tip scissors to cut out the stamped flower leaving a small white border around the edge to give it some pop.

Next, flip that flower upside down and put it in the middle of that circle you punched out earlier. Now, use your mist and spray lightly over the flower and the circle. I used the orange mist here.
When you remove the flower (don't throw it away!), you'll be left with this...
Now, use a pen...I used the brown slick writer (I just love the way the slick writers write on paper as well!)...and outline that flower.
Finally, I simply used a pop dot and made sure the petals of the bottom flower were showing before I stuck the stamped flower down. Then I added a yellow button and some orange twine.
If you try this out, make sure to link it up here so I can check it out. Have fun and happy Thursday, friends! :)

13 comments:

*reyanna* said...

Oh, Kelly! This is SO cute! Thanks so much for sharing. I love tutorials with photos!! :D

Kimberly said...

Oh, I love this!

Gloria Gomez said...

Cute flower, and great tip! Thanks

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is brilliant!!! Thanks for the tutorial :o)

Lauren said...

very cute! I must try your idea as I am a rookie mister myself!

Mieke said...

Very cool, thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

super cute!

Debbie said...

really cute flower !~ tfs =)

lindam said...

Thanks Kelly! Maybe I'll pull out an old flower stamp and make your flower for Tina's use it or lose it challenge!

Emily Pitts said...

cute cute. i'm impressed at your misting prowess!

Haidee said...

THAT IS VERY CUTE!!!

Curlywiggles said...

cute & so simple to do! Thanks Kelly.

Angela W said...

Love it Kelly! Glad you are trying it! You will being misting all over your pages before you know it!