February 10, 2010

Valentine's Mini Tag Book! ...A Tutorial

In honor of this weekend's holiday, I thought I'd make a little mini tag book for my sweetie. This is a really easy project that anyone can put together,
and chances are, you already have everything you need to make it.


For the tag book, I gathered some basic supplies:
This would also be a great time to use any punches you have.


First, I folded my tag in half. I stamped a heart onto a piece of scrap paper, cut the heart out and made a mask out of it. I sprayed Maya Mist directly on top of the heart and removed the shape once the mist dried.


Then, I took my Staz On ink and stamped directly where the mask was.


Then, I gathered scrap paper for my inside pages. I cut about 6 little double-sided sheets to fit right inside my tag, then folded them in half.

You can really use any kind of paper you want here, vintage, ledger, patterned...I experimented with some white washing, but decided not to use the paper for a layout, but decided the finished product was perfect for my tag book.

I stamped the girl silhouette on the right side of one paper, and flipped the boy stamp over to stamp it on the left side of another piece of paper.



Once I finished stamping, I folded my "pages" and arranged them in order.



Then I folded the book in half and trimmed off the excess corners.



Then I flattened the book out and stapled the spine right on top of the fold.


Of course, you can decorate the pages before or after you assemble your book. I did most of my embellishing after, and here's how mine turned out:



That's it! Easy peasy. If you decide to make your own tag book, feel free to link it up!

xoxo,

Steph W.

21 comments:

Veeruliiru said...

This is soooo cute! I must make one myself, thanks for the idea! =)

Michele said...

That's such a cute and super easy idea! Thanks for sharing!

Karen said...

so cute!

irasema said...

i must make one. Thanks!

Curlywiggles said...

Gorgeous project Steph!

tenaya said...

CUTE!!!!!

Krista Wells said...

i love it! Super cute! I'm going to make this on Friday during my PD day! ;)

Debbie said...

super cute tutorial, thanks for posting it =)

Angela said...

I love this mini book, it is soooo adorable! I might have to just make one myself! :) Thanks for the great idea!

lindam said...

So adorable! Thanks for sharing with us!

Conchita said...

super cute tutorial!!!! Genial.

Thanks & Hugs

Sasha Farina said...

this is absolutely fabulous!!

Heather said...

Very cute!

Susan Weinroth said...

omgosh! cutest thing ever! i adore the tag book stephanie!

krystel/bob376 said...

beautiful

Andrea said...

Here is my tag album...thanks again for that inspiration!!!
http://twilightsparrow.blogspot.com/2010/02/hopefully-weve-seen-last-of-snow.html

Angela W said...

That is just awesome! So creative!

Tiffani said...

Adorable! This would be a great gift for my kiddos for Valentine's Day!

KathyChen said...

So cute - I have to make one for my hubbie whose bday is the day after Valentine's day. Thanks for the idea!

sideoats + scribbles said...

This ROCKS! Thanks for the idea! :)

Steffie said...

Thank your for this workshop!
I did it this way:
http://steffieshexenhaus.blogspot.com/2010/11/mini-tag-book.html and
http://steffieshexenhaus.blogspot.com/2010/11/mini-tag-book-schokolade.html!

Greetings from Germany!
Steffie