November 19, 2009

Behind the Scenes on the Homefront :)

I got a lot of comments on my FabRip flowers during the HomeFront blog hop this week. I decided to do a short tutorial on making those flowers so all of you can try it when you get your hands on the FABULOUS FabRips.

1. Decide how wide you want your flower to be. I wanted a big wide flower for this demo, but it did end up being pretty big. The smaller the strip you use is harder to manipulate...so remember that.

2. Begin pleating the bottom edge only, forming the top edge slowly into a circle.

3. Don't worry, you can always start over if you don't like how its looking :) The FabRips are self adhesive, but the adhesive is weak enough that you can remove it easily and reposition!

4. Keep forming your circle.

5. To end the flower, tuck one end under the other and press together. The strip should stick together. In some of the small flowers I had quite a bit of FabRip strip left. I cut that part off to use later.
6. Add a brad to the center and viola :) A FabRip Flower!!! You will need to glue (or just use your brad) to permanently adhere your flower.

7. To make the center of the largest flower on my layout, I made a strip flower. I cut a skinny strip of FabRips into 3 peices. I made 3 bow loops and used a Crop-a-dile to make a hole in the middle of each of them. I added a brad to the middle of the strip flower and the pleated flower and I stacked them.

Let me know if you have any questions!!!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Completely love your FAB flowers!

Donna said...

awesome!

Joaniebolognie said...

WOW....that is much easier than I thought! Thanks for the great tip!