November 23, 2009

Weekly Challenge. PAINT + SC STAMPS = happiness.

Happy Monday everyone...it's Nik Harper here, sharing the blog this week with Lisa (you know...Glue!!). we married two of our favorite supplies to come up with our challenge this week...
here's the formula:

paint
+
Studio Calico stamps
________________

creative nirvana!!

that's right...any way you can use BOTH paint AND a Studio Calico stamp on your layout/card/project, we want to see it! ( just a reminder...it has to be a NEW layout/card/project.)

here are a few of my tried and true ways to flash some paint on my work...

i used the Carter stamps for my title here, but you could easily use the Story Time alpha stamps and fill them in with paint...just grab a tiny brush and your fave color of paint.
ahhhh...that journaling stamp is still a fave. i used the Stampin' Up! mini ink pads and plopped several colors on my stamp before using it...notice the journaling lines are 3 different colors (yellow, red, orange)? then i grabbed my favorite blue paint of all time, Sky by Making Memories, and swiped the edges of the Maya Road envelope flap.
here i stamped across some punched circles and borders...and i rarely use a photo that isn't edged in paint. in fact, i can't remember the last time i did a layout without paint on my photo edges. i always print them with a white border, but swipe on a touch of color for fun. on this one, i also tried something fun with my paint + rub-ons...use the rub-on, and then grab that tiny paint brush again and fill in the white space between the rub-on and the edge of your photo.

just a few fun examples...
now, upload your NEW layout/card/project to the SC gallery by Saturday evening...7pm EST, and Glue and i will pick a winner for a $5 coupon in the SC shop.
looking forward to seeing what you all come up with...show us what you've got!!!


2 comments:

cortaline said...

Hello everydoby ... here is my layout ... Thanks for this weekly challenge ... I use paint and two studio calico stamps ... I had a funny moment ... http://www.studiocalico.com/forums/galleries/show/17068 ... La Biz La Delf

Allie said...

This is my contribution. Loved doing the challenge as I really want to use my paint more. Thanks for all the examples Nic

http://www.studiocalico.com/forums/galleries/show/17075