November 28, 2009

paint + stamps challenge winner!

Thanks to all of you who participated in our paint + stamps challenge this week! I love how versatile these supplies are, and you all put your own twist on it. I put all the names in a hat and drew the winner - *drumroll please*

HANNA!! - please email info@studiocalico.com and they'll hook you up with your prize code. =)

Nik managed to sneak some time after her Black Friday shopping to make this gorgeous canvas. Isn't it beautiful? I absolutely adore the color scheme, and the little stamped couple. Nik painted her background and the big heart, and edged some of her other elements in paint.



The boy and girl are framed by the label stamp from the April kit - one of my fave SC stamps because it's so versatile.



I love the label sticker tucked in amongst the vintage papers, and the baker's twine tied around the key is a nice touch.



My project is quite a bit simpler - a friend of mine inspired me by making some gorgeous Christmas tags last week, and I'm suddenly obsessed with making my own. For these, I pulled out some scraps from my December kit, as well as the Cosmo Cricket chipboard from the Strings add-on. There are so many elements on the sheet and I knew I'd never use them all on pages, but they are perfect for quick tags! I sprayed each tag with turquoise mist, then added a typed sentiment, a variety of stamps stamped with Broken China distress ink. I finished them with some other bits of paper and embellishments and stitching, and edged each tag in aqua paint.



Even though the challenge is over, I hope we see more paint + stamps on layouts in the gallery. It's a wonderful way to add something extra to almost any project. Check out the stamps in the shop - you might find one that you *need* to have shipped with your December kit. ;)

2 comments:

april said...

beautiful work ladies! these are so gorgeous!

april said...

beautiful work ladies! these are so gorgeous!