November 6, 2009

Sketch Inspiration

Good Friday afternoon to ya! As the first week in November come to a close I have a couple of layouts to share inspired by Celine sketch challenge on Monday.

I decided to use bits from the October kit, Yearbook, for my layout.




I really liked the OA Report Card paper with the Cosmo Cricket Boyfriend line. This is Morgan and her adorable Kindergarten teacher. In the envelope I am tucking the letter she wrote to the kids/parents at the beginning of the year.

The beautiful thing about sketches is that they are pieces of art inspiration that can be interpreted many ways. With Celine's sketch I also decided to create a card. This time I used the current kit, Marketplace.



Lisa also had a chance to do a layout for this sketch, and this is what she came up with:





And this is what she had to say about her layout:

I masked off the right side of my page and sprayed my background cardstock with cream mist, and then removed the mask and sprayed the page with orange mist. I used mainly the October kit, Yearbook, but added some crocheted flowers from Pixie Petals for some extra texture.

I hope you have a chance to play along with the challenge! Remember, you have until Saturday night at midnight PST to play along! That's a $5 gift certificate that you can save for the Home Front line! Wouldn't that be lovely?


Davinie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Blog Printable Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 06 Nov [LA 04:02pm, NY 07:02pm] - 07 Nov [UK 12:02am, OZ 11:02am] ).

Zarah said...

Those are AMAZING!! ♥