December 13, 2009

Book challenge winner...

Soooo, I was supposed to pick a winner and post last night, but the hubs and I went out and did some Christmas shopping and had a fancy dinner out, so I didn't get a chance to post. Anyway, I'm here this morning to tell you that qsogirl is our challenge winner...check out this amazing piece she made for her husband. The detail work is just amazing! Congratulations! Send me your info to tomnkellyn@gmail.com and I'll send it onto April.


I also want to share Lisa's book inspired layout.....she amazes me with her fun techniques and cool details. And how could you go wrong with that adorable photo of her little guy, Sam? :)

Here is the page from the book she was inspired by and here's what she says about her inspiration:
I was inspired by the color blocking on this page from the Incredible Book Eating boy, as well as the layering of color over different prints in the book. I used different colors of Maya Mist over my patterned papers (turquoise, lemon & avocado), and added some stamping and chipboard gears to finish the page. My title was taken from the name of the book, and used my typewriter to mimic the typewriter font used in the book. Everything on this page is from the August kit, Over the Rainbow.
I hope everyone had a great weekend! :)

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I love your picks, there was a lot of cool pages that came out of your challenge!! I really enjoy this blog, keep the inspiration and challenges coming!

april said...

amazing layout! love your source of inspo....did you know G and I met Oliver?