December 1, 2009

Inspiration Tuesday- Book Covers

Happy Tuesday everyone!
I'm an avid reader. I have been ever since I was little.
I read so much and so quickly...I have stopped buying books for the most part.
I go to the local library weekly to check out the latest hardbacks.

A while back I read this book:
it's a wonderful little gem of a book, in case you were wondering. one that sticks with you long after you read it.

but the plot isn't the only thing that stuck with me. i actually picked up this novel because of the cover art work. i LOVED it. that's what drew me in. and it made me want to use this shade of orange on a layout. the font also made me want to use some AC thickers i had in my stash. ;)

this book made me want to look at more book covers for inspiration. so i headed over to amazon.
in a wonderful coincidence, they are running their "Best Book Covers of 2009" contest.
you can win some wonderful prizes for voting.

so i took a stroll through each gallery, and thought i'd share some of my favorites.
hope you enjoy...and next time use what you are reading as inspiration for your layouts!!




8 comments:

Bethany said...

those are awesome covers!!! woulda never thot to look there for inspiration but YEAH! i can totally see it!!!

Anonymous said...

wow, what amazing covers! thanks for pointing out this source of inspiration-- i read voraciously, too.

and thanks for the head's up about the amazon contest. i went and voted!

Kimber-Leigh said...

LOVE this post, fellow book lover! love the "this is where i leave you" cover!

Linda said...

Thanks for the Amazon tip - I voted too!!

joanna said...

absolutely LOVED Little Bee - read it over the summer and it's still vivid in my mind.

Emily Pitts said...

steph, i love this post. the library is something i wholeheartedly support. thanks for all the inspiration!

Samantha said...

I read Little Bee because of the cover and I am so glad that I did.

Renae Clark said...

Hi April. Not only is "This is where I leave you" a great cover, it is a fabulous book. One of my favorites this year. Good stuff!