I wanted to keep our children's book theme going this morning, and suggest an activity that is perfect for days when you're stuck inside - have your kids help you make a book that's just for them. Here are a few ideas :
- a counting book (have them pick out buttons or other embellishments to add to each page)
- an alphabet book - my bigs and my mom have been working on an alphabet album for a couple years -they take photos and draw pictures of items that start with each letter in the alphabet.
- an animal book - personalize it by using photos that you've taken on a trip to the zoo.
- a family book - photos of each member of the child's family
- a color book - photos or drawings of items that match each color
I used the same add-on to make a little book about things that road. You can see the rest of it here. I read this one to Sam a few times today - it's still a favorite. =)
There are a few more examples of books in the Bibliography gallery if you'd like more inspiration- I know both April and Jenn made them.
I hope this idea can bring a little fun to your long winter days. =)