March 9, 2010

Tuesday Inspiration

While I'm currently filling out the application to purchase our rental home... I can't help to think of all the things I want to do inside as soon as it is officially ours, so I wanted to share a few home inspiration photos today.

Some of these photos are saved to my hard drive, so I don't have links to give credit.. If you see one and know where it came from, please let me know so I can link them up.

This first one is a project I've had on my list for a while. I love how simple a coat of yellow paint over some ceiling medallions can make a dramatic wall display. And the yellow and greyish tan SO reminds me of Studio Calico! :)


Love the aqua wall here.. and that arrangement of photos and letters... not to mention that bold black and white pillow on the sofa.


This one was featured on Decor8 here. That large frame is full of images of children's artwork. Makes me want to do this with my little man's art.


This next series was also featured on Decor8. The chalkboard door.. check! Well, I didn't do it on a door, but on a four foot wide wall in our dining room. I like it a lot (and so does the four year old!)

Hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week! :)

-Kimmi

3 comments:

Ursula Schneider said...

These are wonderful illustrations. I love the way they give me ideas for things to do in my own house. It's getting so close to being done with all the paint inside. I can hardly wait. My office and scrap space is last.:( But by Friday, they should be finito!!!

Janene said...

Love the ceiling tiles. Have to give it a try as we are desperate for a new look.

I painted a chalkboard on an entire wall - about 12' x 8'. Love it. All guests can't help but to write on it. Another cool thing which we didn't learn about in enough time - you can paint a magnet wall! paint color over so nobody would even know. Just need time to special order

Stephanie said...

I'm so drooling over the medallions.