September 16, 2010

Insider Tips: Paint Spots

Paint is one of my most favorite accents and a must have item for all of my projects! It is always on everything I create in one form or another. Today I am sharing with you one of my favorite ways to add a pop of paint and color to any layout using paint!

I love to use my actual paint bottle as the tool for applying the "spots" of paint. First shake your bottle of paint with the lid close a few times to loosen up the paint. On the last shake hold it upside down for a second or two. Second, open your bottle of paint right side up, see the paint gathered on the tip of the top that goes into the base of the cap? This spot of paint is the perfect size to add little accents of paint to projects. 

After I've adhered my layout together I add paint where it is appeasing to the eye by dabbing the screwed off top to different areas of the layout. Remember start with a little first, and then add more as desired by putting the cap back on and repeating steps 1-3. 


(Supplies used on Layout: Studio Calico Elementary and Making Memories Paint)

8 comments:

Marina said...

Great lesson, Vee. Look forward to learning more from you.
I love the look of paint on a layout, but am too scared of it to use it.
Marina

Diane B. said...

thanks for the great paint ideas!

amytangerine said...

love your style. thanks for the tip!

Sarah said...

Oh, now that's fun! :) TFS!

Unknown said...

I love that. Thanks for sharing the tip.

dmb321 said...

thanks for the inspiration, and I love goldfish

Artful Gathering said...

Please enter me in the drawing for scrapbook trends magazine.

Katherine said...

Really love the new line. I was looking for a vintage type school paper an this is perfect!