September 24, 2010

Member Spotlight: Amy Tan

I am so excited to spotlight this cute girl today because not only is she super duper creative and inspiring but she is also super sweet. I met her earlier this year at Reflections and she is one of those people that instantly treats you like an old friend! Love her!

I asked her a bunch of questions and picked out some of my fave layouts from her gallery...... here we go.... all eyes on the cute and creative.... and sweet Amy Tan (also known as Amy Tangerine since many people think that is her name!)

Q: When did you start scrapbooking and what got you started?

A: I started in 2007 after visiting a local scrapbooking store and signing up for Emily Falconbridge's class that was happening the next day. After taking her class, I was totally smitten with the hobby, the producs, and all the wonderful people involved.

Q: What are your top 5 favorite products and why?

A: 1 - Patterned Paper - reminds me of fabric, and usually sets the tone of the layout
2 - Stickers - who doesn't love stickers?
3 - Rub ons - so versatile and fun to use
4 - Cardstock - especially white and kraft, just a good base for a page
5 - Punches - this is a fairly new obsession. Love making fun embellishments and putting a new twist on the papers


Q: What is your favorite Studio Calico product and why?

A: Love the patterned papers and the Fabrips. Both are fun to cut up and transform. I like the sticker sheets too. Heck, I really like it all!

Q: What is your favorite go-to or signature technique?

A: Sewing on paper - both hand sewing and machine sewing

Q: Where do you find your inspiration?

A: I'm inspired by the world around me, quotes, experiences, new products and life in general


Q: What is your favorite color and/or color combo?

A: I love all colors really.... but I suppose my recent faves have been yellow, orange and turquoise.


Q: Tell us a bit about your design process.

A: Usually I start with a photo and then choose the patterned papers and cardstock. Then I glue everything down and add the embellishments and the title. I rarely ever take a layout apart. I trust my instincts and go with it. Mistakes have been made, but it usually turns out to be something new and cool.


Q: Tell us a bit about what else you do since we know you are creative in more ways than just scrapbooking.

A: I have a full plate, balancing both creative and business. I am a consultant for Rodan & Fields. If you want amazing skin or a great way to make some extra income, let me know! I also run my company, Amy Tangerine, which used to be primarily a tee shirt line sold in over 250 stores around the world. Now it's multi-faceted and we provide custom tees, creative consulting, on-site scrapbooking for events, and custom scrapbooks for clients. Please come say hello: amytangerine.blogspot.com

....................................................

Well, as you can see from her layouts and pictures, she is not only adorable but uber talented! Be sure to check out her blog and her gallery on Studio Calico if you want some serious inspiration!! Thanks for letting me spotlight you Amy! Can't wait to see you again next time I am in Cali!

No comments: