September 2, 2010

Insider Tips...Stamping techinique and more...

Hello everyone!
I've had many emails this week as to how I stamped the background of this Layout, so I thought I would shed some extra light on the details of this Layout, and the techniques I used to create it.



Using the Free Range Add on... and the More color add on
I picked out the colors and background paper that I wanted to use. I used my Tim Holtz ruler and a pencil to draw even lines spaced an inch apart. Then I simply stamped across each line with this color ink
After the ink was dry, I used my white eraser to take erase the penciled lines

For the outside borders, I used different patterned paper from the kit with different techniques. I used one of my border edge punch, and the fun lace tape that is in the kit. I also love to wet down my papers to get them to mold how I would like them to when they dry, so I did that along the edge to show a little smidge of the patterned paper on the backside.


For the Flowers, I punched out circles using 3 different size circle punches starting with the 3 inch punch. Then I wet the paper to crinkle them up and stacke them together. To finish off the flowers, I used the cute chipboard accent flowers with some jute to tie it all in together. :)


I hope this sheds some input on some new fun ideas to impliment in your own creations to try and play around with.

Have a great Thursday! xx
Loves,
Kimberly

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

love your techniques, Kimberly!! XO

Laney said...

Wetting the paper! I never thought of that before!

Maria Eufemia said...

Great page, Kimberly! This was my favorite page of your from the reveal. Fabulous techniques - thanks for sharing them with us.

Donna said...

wow. fantastic layout and love the stamped background and flower.

Tanstar said...

Thanks for sharing your great ideas... hmm time to get out that little water mister x