June 23, 2010

Favorite Trends

There are so many fun trends out there in the scrapbook world right now. To be honest, I try not to get *too* trendy in my scrapping, but always try to throw in a bit of the trends without going overboard. I think it's really important to evolve with the trends all the while staying true to your style at the same time. A couple of my most favorite trends are banners and misting. Here are some fun examples I've spotted in the gallery...

Here's an example of taking a trend and putting a creative twist on it...kobakyon misted a banner onto her gorgeous layout...
I love Jennifer L's layout featuring both of my favorite trends...how fun is that misted flower w/the journaling?!!
Megan Klauer uses a lot of mist here, but in such a fun whimsical way...love the misted clouds with the pen detail!
I love Chelseavn's funky style....she uses mist SO well!
What are your favorite trends? Any trends you're tired of seeing these days? I'd love to hear!

4 comments:

Kasey said...

I love sewing, misting, punching, and bannering (had to keep up with the -ing. lol). They all add such wonderful detail!

{VICKI} said...

I like the borders in the tops and/or corners of layouts.

Jennifer Larson said...

Aw, thanks for showing a page I loved! I love the bright colors I'm seeing all over.

Sarah Pendergrast said...

I love the trend towards honesty in journalling. I love seeing real pieces of peoples lives revealed through journalling and simple photos. I find it very inspiring.