June 29, 2010

Inspired by Lisa D

Lisa Dickinson's new ebook is amazing. It's my first ebook and I love it. It's full of awesome design concepts and clear cut explanation of her layouts. Beginner to novice, you'll surely find some great ideas while flipping through this well designed ebook.
Here are the last of the inspired layouts.
April's inspiration sparked by using text as a focal point. My eye definitely zooms in on the text, then gradually moves up to that cute photo.


Maggie's inspiration comes from the chapter about achieving unity by creating a grid. One of my favorite design concepts and a smart one to boot. Maggie worked it perfectly.

Oh so creative Celine actually created her layout based on Nicole Harper's layout in the newest Ella Publishing ebook, 8 is Enough featuring April Foster and a few other familiar faces here at Studio Calico.


Sasha and her master spritzing skills used the color combination section of the book as her jump off point. That's what I notice first, beautiful bold color.

And lastly, we have my layout. I wanted to choose a part of the ebook that was most challenging and that has been to incorporate memorabilia. I always keep it...invites, holiday cards, and other paper items from parties but I always fail to use. I really wanted to change that about my scrapbooking and I'm glad Lisa's book finally knocked me out of my comfort zone.
That's it! Now it's your turn. Head over to Ella Publishing and download Lisa D's Design Workshop ebook. Get inspired and start creating those layouts you want to achieve.






5 comments:

Amy C said...

Very cute layouts! Love them!

Anonymous said...

Great layouts and Lisa's is a FANTASTIC e-book!

FYI. . .beginner and novice are basically the same thing. :)

Anonymous said...

ok. now you guys are making me really really want to download Lisa's book!

bethchien said...

awesome inspiration!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Truly stunning work ladies!!